Thursday, July 9, 2009

Several months ago I found a card on ODBD website and wanted to make one like it. I already had the On Eagles Wings stamp set and was waiting for the right opportunity to make the card. Last Friday a friend and I set out to create the card. Our's is very similar but we didn't have all the stamps that were originally used. I used a leaf from a SU celebration set to stamp on the scrapbook paper I used for the circles. Cut the circles with Nestabilities and then cut them in Half. We used CTMH - Honey ink and SU Pumpkin Pie ink to sponge in colors. The eagle was colored with Copic markers E31,E35, E37. I created a mask for this one and sponged the colors around the eagle. An alternate way would be to clear emboss over the eagle and then apply the sponged on colors.

Recently Flourishes had a new stamp set come out called Patriotism on Parade I thought the bunting from this set would look great with this Eagle. I used SU- Night of Navy base card stock and Real Red. Stamped the bunting on Classic Crest cardstock and used Copic B37 and R46 to color in the image. Added star brads to the corners. Red cardstock was put sthrough a cuttlebug folder for texture.


I really like the way this card turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment